What is the Big Local?
It's your project, run by you, with support from The Local Trust Advisor and the Board elected by you every year.
- Big Local is a long term innovative programme delivered by Local Trust and funded by the Big Lottery.
- It's not run by the Council or any other organisation - It's run by residents.
- It enables and supports residents in 150 small communities throughout England, including Wecock Farm.
- It’s not a grant programme, we just have to submit a plan. The £1 million is already allocated to the Wecock Farm area.
- Over 10 years each area will be supported by Local Trust and partners to spend or invest at least £1 million each.
- It’s not a Government scheme with targets and deadlines. The project is run by residents being accountable to the residents.
- It brings together all the local talent, skills and energy from individuals, groups and organisations who want to make a difference.
- Residents identify the issues in their areas that they want to address and work together to create a plan of how to do it!
- It’s not about short-term thinking – We've got 10 years or more to plan and deliver the best options for Wecock Farm estate.